Training Seminar for MFI Field Staff: The Journey of Entrepreneurship
What is the seminar about?
EMN will hold a pre-conference training seminar for MFI Field Staff. This seminar will be the occasion for microfinance field staff (e.g. Loan Officers, Branch Managers, Coaches, Head of Operations etc.), from diverse cultural and geographic backgrounds and working for different types of MFIs throughout Europe, to meet and exchange upon their experiences in the field. The seminar will be facilitated by an expert on entrepreneurship and apply action-based learning methods, whereby the real-life experiences of participants are the central ingredients in the learning process.
Loan officers and other operational staff in MFIs (field staff) make decisions that eventually lead to a financial obligation by their clients. The field staff therefore has a moral obligation to ensure that the clients do not enter into situations that they cannot manage. They need to ensure that their clients make deliberate decisions and are conscious of the consequences they will entail. The same is required of the field staff when they make active and conscious choices as to whom they should accept as clients / debtors. As such having a real understanding of the world their clients live in and the entrepreneurial spirit that drives them is key. Ultimately, field staff should also be able to assist their clients in building up their financial understanding, thus contributing to the overall financial education of final beneficiaries.
==> To familiarise field staff with entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial characteristics.
==> To help them understand what might drive their exisiting and prospective clients, as well as the meaning behind entrepenrial acumen.
- Loan officers, Head of Operations & providers of non-financial services etc. - Members of field staff that have regular contact with the final beneficiaries.
- A balance of representatives from different countries and with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Field staff with a high level of English (comprehension and speaking)
- For up to 2 people from the same organisation
- For up to 30 persons maximum.
- Wednesday 21 June 2017
- From 11.00 to 16.00
- Island of San Servolo (room TBC)
- Prior registration is mandatory (Register here)
- Participation is free of charge but subject to confirmation by EMN
- Coffee breaks and lunch are provided on the day of the training
- Travel, accommodation, subsistence costs are not covered by EMN
- Transport to San Servolo Island will be arranged for participants staying in accommodation on the Lido Island.