EMN 11th Annual Conference
In cooperation with Millennium bcp
Employment: Challenges and Opportunities for Microfinance
The European Microfinance Network (EMN) is holding its 11th Annual Conference in Lisbon on June 19th and 20th, 2014
- Eurostat estimates that 26.338 million men and women in the EU27 were unemployed in February 2013.
- Among Member States, the lowest unemployment rates were recorded in Austria (4.8%), Germany (5.4%), Luxembourg (5.5%) and the Netherlands (6.2%), and the highest in Greece (26.4%), Spain (26.3%) and Portugal (17.5%).
- In February 2013, 5.694 million young people were unemployed in the EU27. Compared with February 2012, youth unemployment rose by 196.000.
- In February 2013, the lowest rates were observed in Germany (7.7%), Austria (8.9%) and the Netherlands (10.4%), and the highest in Greece (58.4%), Spain (55.7%), Portugal (38.2%) and Italy (37.8%).
- What is microfinance doing to give a proper response to the current environment?
- What are the challenges and opportunities for microfinance that arise from this context?
- What is the true impact of microfinance in entrepreneurs’ lives?
- How can the social impacts be effectively measured?
Do not miss any update, follow us on Twitter @EMNMicrofinance (#EMN_AC_14)!
Useful Information document to assist you in your preparation for the Annual Conference: